Material research in NCBJ: current status and vision2016.09.16 13:18 - admin
According to the currently accepted vision of development of nuclear power technology, some new engineering materials are necessary for new generation reactors. The materials, which are to play a significant role in the development, have to meet some extreme technical requirements, including resistance to large radiation doses/high temperatures/chemically aggressive environments. It is obvious that directions of research pursued by NCBJ scientists must be selected with the needs of nuclear technologies fully taken into account. In particular we must adapt also directions of material research conducted in NCBJ to needs of 4th generation fission reactors, as well as to needs of the future fusion technology.
Generally, topics to be discussed during the seminar include:
- basic material-related needs of new nuclear technologies
- current status of material research in NCBJ
- planned directions of development of material research in NCBJ.
Particular attention will be given to:
- research on accumulation of radiation defects and on methods to measure the degree to which the given material is radiation-defected
- applications to the technology of the HTR and GFR gas-cooled nuclear reactors (which are our national priorities).
Besides, domestic and international projects in material research in which our scientists participate or plan to participate will be presented.
NCBJ bus leaves to Świerk at 10.25 am from entrance gate to the Hoża 69 premises in Warsaw.
All interested persons are invited.
Professor Ludwik Dobrzyński