Postdoc position in condensed matter physics/ computational materials science | MAB NOMATEN2023.09.29 15:10 - Anna Sawińska
NOMATEN Centre of Excellence (CoE) is formed through a scientific partnership between the National Centre for Nuclear Research (NCBJ-Poland), the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission (CEA-France) and the Technical Research Centre of Finland (VTT-Finland) with joint financial support from the Foundation for Polish Science (FNP) and the European Commission. It is currently composed of 5 Research Groups and is directed by Mikko Alava.
More about NOMATEN CoE and the detailed project descriptions at http://nomaten.ncbj.gov.pl
NCBJ opens the competition for the position of
Postdoc position in condensed matter physics/ computational materials science
at NOMATEN Centre of Excellence
Location: Otwock - Świerk - in the outskirts of Warsaw with daily transport services provided.
- Ph.D. in physics or related field (no longer than 5 years)
We search for a candidate interested in complex materials. The topics range from materials’ deformation to machine learning approaches and we are interested in particular in complex alloys (High-Entropy Alloys) and complex metallic glasses. Some recent example publications are: .Phys. Rev. Research 4, L022043 (2022), arXiv:2303.09161, arXiv:2309.05806.
Preferred background: statistical mechanics, computational simulations, machine learning.
- documented scientific achievements in the form of peer-reviewed articles in JRC journals;
- fluent English, spoken and written, enabling efficient communication and preparation of scien-tific articles;
- strong motivation for scientific work and assimilation of new knowledge and technical skills;
- good interpersonal and communication skills, to be able to work in a multi-cultura (l environment both independently and as a part of a team.
What we offer:
11,250 - 15,000 PLN per month (at current exchange rate 2,600- 3,200 € per month); the details in each case depend on qualifications and experience, and the compensation is composed of the base salary, seniority addition, functional addition and project bonus)
Read more about contributions in Poland at https://www.ncbj.gov.pl/en/hrcareer/contributions-poland
Work in international networks with research institutes and industrial companies.
Access to the research potential of NOMATEN’s three partners between NCBJ (Poland), CEA (France) and VTT (Finland) and other scientific partners.
Travel funds for participation in conferences and collaboration, attractive working conditions, atmosphere of teamwork, family-friendly environment with flexible working hours. support of an experienced local team in legal, financial and organisational issues as well as logistic support and advice related to working in Poland - enabling smooth relocation and equal opportunities.
- Cover letter that explains the motivating factors for considering the position (max. 1 pp)
- CV with complete publication list
- Brief description of important scientific achievements and scientific outlook (max. 2 pp)
- Two references letters arranged by applicants and directly submitted before the application deadline.
- PhD diploma copy/scan
The recruitment is open to candidates who, at the time of submitting their applications, do not have a diploma confirming PhD, but who have a fixed date for obtaining this title before the planned date of employment. In this case, it is necessary to provide documents that prove that.
- As an attachment to your application please sign and enclose the following declaration: I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment
Applications in electronic form should be submitted in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
INFORMATION CLAUSE ON PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING:
The controllers of the personal data processed during the recruitment process are:
1) National Center for Nuclear Research, ul. Andrzeja Sołtana 7, 05-400 Otwock and
2) Foundation for Polish Science, ul. I. Krasickiego 20/22, 02-611 Warszawa.
2. The data protection officer can be contacted by using the following address:
1) Personal Data Protection Officer, National Centre for Nuclear Research,
Sołtana 7, 05-400 Otwock, Poland
3. Providing data contained in recruitment documents is a condition for applying for a job at NCBJ.
4. Processing of the personal data for the purpose of filling the position listed in this announcement and to conduct subsequent recruitment is done on the basis of expressed consents. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
5. Your personal data will not be made available to other data recipients.
6. Your personal data will not be transferred to a third country or to an international organization.
7. No automated individual decision-making and profiling as referred in Article 22 (1) and (4) GDPR is done during recruitment conducted by NCBJ. This means that no decisions regarding job candidates are made automatically and that no job candidate profiles are made.
8. In the case you have been unsuccessful in applying for the position listed in this announcement and you haven’t given consent to store the collected personal data in the NCBJ recruitment database, your data will be erased no later than 12 years from the completion of recruitment process, but no longer than the date of the end of the durability period of the project, which will find its basis in the provisions governing project financing.
9. You have the right to access your personal data, request its rectification or erasure. Filing a request to erase data is tantamount to withdrawal from the recruitment process. You have also the right to request restriction of processing in cases specified in Article 18 GDPR.
10. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection) about unlawful processing of your personal data. The right to file a complaint only concerns the lawfulness of the processing of personal data, not the recruitment process.
The National Centre for Nuclear Research is awarded by “HR Excellence in Research”. Recruitment is based on OTM-R system (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment practices in Research Performing Organisations).
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 857470 and Foundation for Polish Science International Research Agenda PLUS programme grant No MAB PLUS/2018/8 co-financed by the European Union under the European Regional Development Fund the Smart Growth Operational Programme.