Assistant professor | UZ3 (DUZ)2023.09.29 15:56 - Anna Sawińska
National Centre for Nuclear Research (NCBJ) in Otwock announces the opening of the competition for the position of
at Laboratory for Nuclear Energy and Environmental Analyses
Location: Otwock - Świerk - in the outskirts of Warsaw with daily transport services provided.
The job is related to the activities of the MANHAZ Analysis Center within Division of Nuclear Energy and Environmental Studies. It requires application of advanced computing technics to: safety analyses of nuclear facilities – safety assessment in the area of high performance (CFD) thermal-hydraulic analyses in operational states and design basis accidents of nuclear reactors, analysis of phenomena occurring in power reactors, research reactors, experimental installations and other facilities, development of models of phenomena, development and validation of computational tools. It will be necessary to use computational methods for computing clusters. It requires knowledge of turbulent model validation techniques, various modelling approaches (RANS, LES, DNS) and programming skills
- PhD in physics or technical sciences;
- Documented scientific activity in: computational fluid mechanics (CFD) in particular with applications in the following fields: single- and two-phase flow modelling in nuclear reactors, validation of turbulent models, numerical methods, turbulence modelling, heat transfer processes;
Documented participation or leading (PI) own research and/or R&D projects;
? skills in organization of scientific activity; Analytical skills;
- Capabilities in self-directed or team work;
- Experience with High Performance Computers (Slurm);
- Good knowledge of engineering software for numerical modeling such as ANSYS, OpenFOAM, Star-CCM+, etc.;
- Good knowledge of the Linux environment;
- Advanced English skills in speaking and writing.
- employment in one of the largest research Institute in Poland;
- good learning environment. Support of an experienced team
- excellence with full research autonomy and being part of a diverse and supportive team of professionals
- external and internal trainings in hard and soft skills as well as participation in conferences
- a chance to make ones’ own mark by participation in the creation of a interesting and ambitious projects
- work in Polish and international networks with research institutes and industrial companies
- personal and professional development with diverse range of tasks and challenges
- employment based on an employment contract
- stable working conditions without overtimes and friendly atmosphere
- additional annual salary and other social security benefits
- company transport from Warsaw to Świerk and backwards (more information: https://bus.swierk.pl/rozklad-jazdy/)
- funding for external and internal trainings
- working with cutting edge technology at one of the largest supercomputer centers in Poland
- Curriculum Vitae
- full publication list
- a list of 2 reference persons including their positions and contact details (e-mail address)
- a scan/ copy of degree diploma
- any other possible documents that might influence the assessment
- a brief description of important scientific achievements and scientific outlook (max. 1 pp)
Contact: Prof. dr hab. Mariusz Dąbrowski; Mariusz.Dabrowski@ncbj.gov.pl
All applications should be sent by e-mail to: Mariusz.Dabrowski@ncbj.gov.pl
As an attachment to your application please sign and enclose the following declarations:
I agree for my personal data included in the application documents to be processed by National Centre for Nuclear Research with its registered office in Otwock, 7 Andrzej Sołtan Street, 05-420 Otwock, for a period of 12 months from their submission, in order to carry out future recruitment processes.
We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates and the right to inform about the decision to fill the post only to the selected candidate.
Information in accordance with Article 13 RODO on the processing of personal data:
- The Personal Data Controller of your personal data is the National Centre for Nuclear Research (hereinafter referred to as Controller or NCBJ) with its registered office in Otwock, 7 Andrzej Sołtan Street, 05-400 Otwock.
- Your personal data will be processed for recruitment purposes on the basis of applicable law, including the Labour Code. Data not required by law, provided by you in your documents, will be processed on the basis of your consent. Your consent is given by the transfer of this data.
- The full content of the information clause of Article 13 RODO is available at https://www.ncbj.gov.pl/en/information-clause-personal-data-processing
The National Centre for Nuclear Research is awarded by “HR Excellence in Research”. Recruitment is based on OTM-R system (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment practices in Research Performing Organisations).