Assistant Professor – Specialist in (nano)mechanical studies and numerical simulations | MAB NOMATEN2023.09.05 9:00 - Anna Sawińska
NOMATEN Centre of Excellence (CoE) is formed through a scientific partnership between the National Centre for Nuclear Research (NCBJ-Poland), the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission (CEA-France) and the Technical Research Centre of Finland (VTT-Finland) with joint financial support from the Foundation for Polish Science (FNP) and the European Commission. It is currently composed of 5 Research Groups and is directed by Mikko Alava.
More about NOMATEN CoE and the detailed project descriptions at http://nomaten.ncbj.gov.pl
NCBJ opens the competition for the position of
Specialist in (nano)mechanical studies and numerical simulations
Location: Otwock - Świerk - in the outskirts of Warsaw with daily transport services provided.
- conducting tests of mechanical properties implementing following methods: static tensile tests, nanohardness measurements
- training other employees in the field of mechanical testing of all the research as mentioned above methods;
- development of the crystal plasticity finite element modelling tools (especially dedicated to nanoindentation technique)
- cooperation with other research groups at NCBJ;
- preparation of scientific publications and grant applications.
- Ph.D. in technical sciences or related disciplines (nuclear material engineering);
- experience in laboratory work, min. five years;
- experience in the field of designing and conducting mechanical tests (hardness, tensile, charpy)
- analytical skills – conducting research that includes several different techniques and analyzing obtained structural and mechanical data;
- knowledge of sampling and sample preparation methods;
- preparation of reports in English;
- fluent spoken and written English;
- communicativeness, regularity, and good organization of work;
- Ability to work as a member of a team;
- Being open for new tasks and challenges;
- published scientific papers (at least 10) related to the mechanical properties of metals and alloys related to nuclear industry;
- knowledge of the influence of radiation defects on the functional properties of materials;
- knowledge of other measurement techniques, e.g., XRD, SEM / EDS / EBSD, AFM or TEM – documented with publications;
- experience in the preparation of samples using precision cutting and polishing machines, eg. EDM;
- proven with publications knowledge of FEM
- knowledge of C++ and Python programming languages
What we offer:
- Full time employment
- Employment in one of the largest research Institute in Poland.
- Good learning environment. Support of an experienced team.
- Excellence with full research autonomy and being part of a diverse and supportive team of professionals.
- Work in Polish and international networks with research institutes and industrial companies.
- Company transport from Warsaw to Świerk and backwards (more information: https://bus.swierk.pl/rozklad-jazdy/).
- Additional annual salary and other social security benefits.
- a copy of the diploma (or other document) confirming obtaining PhD degree
- curriculum vitae
- list of scientific publications
- self-presentation, containing a description of the candidate's scientific achievements, along with a list of publications, patents and implementations, description of other achievements (conference presentations, internships, etc.)
- any other possible documents that may affect the assessment,
All applications should be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com
As an attachment to your application please sign and enclose the following declarations:
I agree to the processing of my personal data included in this application for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment.
INFORMATION CLAUSE ON PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING:
The controllers of the personal data processed during the recruitment process are:
1) National Center for Nuclear Research, ul. Andrzeja Sołtana 7, 05-400 Otwock and
2) Foundation for Polish Science, ul. I. Krasickiego 20/22, 02-611 Warszawa.
2. The data protection officer can be contacted by using the following address:
1) Personal Data Protection Officer, National Centre for Nuclear Research,
Sołtana 7, 05-400 Otwock, Poland
3. Providing data contained in recruitment documents is a condition for applying for a job at NCBJ.
4. Processing of the personal data for the purpose of filling the position listed in this announcement and to conduct subsequent recruitment is done on the basis of expressed consents. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
5. Your personal data will not be made available to other data recipients.
6. Your personal data will not be transferred to a third country or to an international organization.
7. No automated individual decision-making and profiling as referred in Article 22 (1) and (4) GDPR is done during recruitment conducted by NCBJ. This means that no decisions regarding job candidates are made automatically and that no job candidate profiles are made.
8. In the case you have been unsuccessful in applying for the position listed in this announcement and you haven’t given consent to store the collected personal data in the NCBJ recruitment database, your data will be erased no later than 12 years from the completion of recruitment process, but no longer than the date of the end of the durability period of the project, which will find its basis in the provisions governing project financing.
9. You have the right to access your personal data, request its rectification or erasure. Filing a request to erase data is tantamount to withdrawal from the recruitment process. You have also the right to request restriction of processing in cases specified in Article 18 GDPR.
10. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection) about unlawful processing of your personal data. The right to file a complaint only concerns the lawfulness of the processing of personal data, not the recruitment process.
The National Centre for Nuclear Research is awarded by “HR Excellence in Research”. Recruitment is based on OTM-R system (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment practices in Research Performing Organisations).
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 857470 and Foundation for Polish Science International Research Agenda PLUS programme grant No MAB PLUS/2018/8 co-financed by the European Union under the European Regional Development Fund the Smart Growth Operational Programme.